Episode 12: Jennifer Casa Todd: Author, Blogger, Teacher-Librarian, and Role Model for Using Social Media and Technology in Education
Our guest for episode 12 is Jennifer Casa Todd!
Jennifer is currently a Teacher-Librarian in Aurora, Ontario Canada, recently identified as on Canada’s top 10 News Makers of the year in EdTech for 2017 according to MindShare Learning, and author of the book, Social LEADia, published by Dave Burgess Consulting. Her book Social LEADia: Moving Students from Digital Citizenship to Digital Leadership It is full of examples of students who are leveraging social media for good, and the teachers who are empowering them to do so. Before this, she spent six years at the District level as a Program Resource Teacher for Literacy and Literacy Consultant. She loves learning and connecting with other educators around the globe so please feel free to reach out to her to connect! She would love to hear from you, please check the show notes for the ways to connect with her!!
In this episode we discuss:
- Why does digital leadership matter?
- Using social media in the classroom: Best practices and success stories
- One student even earned a scholarship because he did this so well!! 🙂
- Student Voice and ways social media can help students share
- How districts can use and model best practices in social media
- Digital Citizenship Summit in Canada – http://digcitsummittor.com/
- Her Twitter Chat: #ONedSsChat ; Follow them @ONedSsChat
- Her Perspective on Education
Please share and comment! Would love to get feedback and suggestions. If you are interested in sharing your story, please reach out to us!