Episode 5: Educator, EdTech Consultant and Classroom Technology Advocate
Our guest for episode 5 is Monica Burns.
Dr. Monica Burns is a Curriculum and EdTech Consultant, Apple Distinguished Educator and Founder of ClassTechTips.com. As an educator, Monica was part of her school’s Federal Magnet Funding leadership team and was a vocal advocate for bringing 1:1 technology into her 5th grade classroom. During her tenure as a classroom teacher, Monica used iPads to create engaging, differentiated learning experience to meet the unique needs of her students. Realizing the power of tech tools in the classroom, Monica started ClassTechTips.com to provide a resource for educators and administrators on implementing EdTech in the classroom.
In this episode we discuss:
- Pioneering 1 to 1 devices
- Great Apps for Education
- Technology and its rule in Life and Education
- What is Formative Assessment?
- How does data comes into play when planning for a lesson or parent teacher conferences.
- How to not be overwhelmed with implementing technology in your classroom
- #FormativeTech: Meaningful, Sustainable, and Scalable Formative Assessment With Technology
Please share and comment! Would love to get feedback and suggestions. If you are interested in sharing your story, please reach out to us!